Click Here! The StreamLine: Mario Balotelli: 'I will become world's best player' Click Here! Click Here!

Amazon

Sunday 3 July 2016

Mario Balotelli: 'I will become world's best player'

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has claimed that he is still confident of one day becoming the world's best player despite seeing his career stagnate in recent seasons. The Italy international, who failed to make the cut for the national side's Euro 2016 squad, is back at Anfield after a disappointing spell on loan at AC Milan. Balotelli was a surprise £16m signing for Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers in 2014, having previously endured mixed fortunes at Manchester City, but his career on Merseyside has yet to take off."In my view there weren't enough [expectations put on me], as I can do so much more than what I said. But it takes time," he told Italian publication Corriere della Sera."On the scale of 0 to 10, I stopped at five, but I'll get to 10 eventually. I want to get there. I will win the Ballon d'Or. I do realise that I've spent two years of my career when I could've been getting closer to 10 and instead stayed at five."I know, the Ballon d'Or might seem laughable and I might not have done everything to be the best, but the important thing is I realised it's not too late."Balotelli has scored four goals in all competitions for Liverpool since joining the club from Milan, while also bagging just three in 23 appearances on his season-long return to the Italian capital.

No comments: