Click Here! The StreamLine: Idris Elba on James Bond odds: 'I'm too old for cars and ladies and martinis' Click Here! Click Here!

Amazon

Saturday 23 July 2016

Idris Elba on James Bond odds: 'I'm too old for cars and ladies and martinis'

Idris Elba has been widely tipped to replace Daniel Craig when the current James Bond hangs up his 007 Boots (/gun/fast car/martini glass). But we shouldn't get too excited about seeing the Lutherstar as Britain’s most famous spy anytime soon. The 43-year-old has revealed that he thinks he’s too old to land the role. Speaking on Good Morning America, the actor said: "I think I'm too old for that."Running around in cars and ladies and martinis, who wants to do that? Sounds terrible."But Elba does admit that he’s received overwhelming support from his UK fans to take on the role if it is offered to him. "I keep saying if it were to happen it would be the will of a nation because there haven't been any talks between me and the studio about any of that," he said. "But everywhere I go people want that to happen."Elba wouldn’t be the oldest Bond to date if he were to take on the role, Roger Moore currently holds the record, appearing in live and Let Die in 1973 at the age of 45. Details of the next film in the Bond franchise, the 25th to be made, are yet to be announced.

No comments: